Cross Country recount by Erin

The day of cross country

Air rushed past my face as I zoomed for the finish line. What place I came was unknown, but I didn’t care. All I knew was that I had done it. I finished cross country!

The day of cross country had come and I was nervous. Quickly, I walked up to the starting line with the other participation girls and got ready to run. Mrs. Walker blew the whistle and I started to swing my legs. Left, right, left, right, over and over again. Halfway through the course my legs were tired, my lungs were burning and I had a stitch in my side. I tried to push through. Sadly, I couldn’t so I walked for a while.

When I regained my energy, I started running again. As I ran I became aware of the pain stabbing on by side, but I ignored it, as I was determined to finish cross country. I ran and ran. Left, right, left, right. Nearing to the finish I came across Eden from Room 21. She was jogging and breathing heavily, “Go, go, go Eden!” I cheered her on, She smiled and jogged faster.

We neared to the end and I started to run with all my might, zooming for the finish line! “Go, Erin! Go, Eden!” The other girls cheered. Eden came after me and I smiled at her. I let out a whoop of joy, but I definitely know that I don’t want to do that again.

By Erin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cross Country recount by Jace

Cross Country recount by Meher