Cross Country recount by Tilly

          Cross country!

On Thursday all the seniors had cross country after morning tea. When the first lot went, butterflies were flying in my tummy. I was nervous. At last the year five competition girls went up the hill. ‘Phreeeeet!’ went the whistle.

I tripped on the wet ground but it did not matter for me because l was luckily not the last girl. l was actually in front of (most) of the year five competitive girls. l zoomed down the steep hill and into the bushes. Finally l was second in the first quarter.

I ran until my legs ached but Katie was too fast for me to catch up to her. I did my best, not stopping at the hills but just sprinting the whole way.

The finish line was just there. My mum was shouting “Come on! Your nearly there!’’ I did it! I came second. My goal was always to come second.

By Tilly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cross Country recount by Jace

Cross Country recount by Meher

Cross Country recount by Erin